Best Diabetes Treatment
According to IDF, in 2019, 463 million people approximately aged between 20-79 years were diabetic; by 2045 this can reach 700 million. 1 in 2 diabetics were undiagnosed. It caused 4.2 million deaths.
1 in 6 births are effected by diabetes during pregnancy. Some of the plausible disease that diabetes causes are blindness, kidney failure, heart attacks, and amputation of lower limb.
Too high levels of sugar in blood above normal levels causes diabetes mellitus or commonly known as diabetes. It is a set of metabolic diseases with different types such as congenital, cystic-fibrosis-related, steroid, monogenic and etc. the common types are:
Type1 diabetes: When the body’s immune system, destroys its own insulin producing cells in its pancreas, leading to little or no insulin production by pancreas, it resultantly causes type1 diabetes.
Type2 diabetes: In type2 body does not produce sufficient insulin as the pancreas are no more able to produce enough or body becomes insulin resistant. It’s a lifetime disease.
Gestational diabetes: As the name suggests it occurs in women during gestation or pregnancy usually during 2nd or 3rd trimesters. It can happen to women with no previous diabetic record too.
Prediabetes: Prediabetes also known as borderline diabetes is a condition in which the blood sugar levels of a body though being above normal levels but are not high enough to be considered as diabetic but if not taken proper prevention may develop into diabetes soon.
Some of the diabetes early symptoms if experienced unusually in your life than please consult a doctor or get yourself tested are:
- Repeated urination especially at night and desiccation.
- Dry mouth, unusual thirst spree and incessant hunger pangs.
- Low energy level and resultant fatigue.
- Hazy vision.
- Sluggish healing of abrasions and wounds.
- Experiencing tingling or numbness feelings or stinging pain in hands or feet (type2).
- Dark skin patches developing on the creases of neck, armpit or groin.
- Itching and yeast infection may be accompanied with burning, and soreness; prone to warm, moist areas of the skin, such as mouth, genital area and armpits.
- Unusual or sudden weight loss due to unknown reasons (type1).
- Having repeated infections such as skin, vaginal or gum infections.
Some of the vital diabetes causes are:
- Irregular sleep pattern, imbalanced diet, stress, and obesity.
- Hereditary or genetic or viruses.
- Consuming excess refined sugar or carbohydrates.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Irregular, less or no exercise.
- Auto immune attack on beta cells that makes insulin in pancreas (type1).
- Pancreas cannot produce enough insulin or body becomes insulin resistant.
- Hormonal change during pregnancy (gestational diabetes)
- Genetic mutation
- Hormonal diseases such as thyroid glands producing too much thyroid hormone and etc.
How to Prevent Diabetes?
Some of the tips if kept in mind may help in diabetes prevention are:
- Get yourself tested if experiencing any of the already mentioned symptoms.
- Weight and stress management
- Regular exercise and staying well hydrated.
- Balanced diet adopted in a manner to avoid diabetes and balance required nutrition by body.
- Portion size of meals should be in check. Five meals plan at same time everyday should be inculcated in daily life routine.
- Limited alcohol consumption.
- No smoking.
- Keep your blood pressure controlled and get adequate sound sleep.
- Regular check-ups with your doctor.
Diabetes treatment: Dr. Monga Medi Clinic doesn’t provide mere diabetes treatment but it counsels its patients to upgrade to a healthier lifestyle with complete counselling, well planned easily adoptable balanced diet, proper and regular exercise, required medications, regular diabetes monitoring, regular follow ups, and conducting required tests as and when required. Medical history of patient is kept in mind while planning the diabetes treatment for the concerned patient.