What is the cure for PCOD?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome otherwise known as PCOS is a hormonal condition that women get during their childbearing years. It is also known as PCOD or Polycystic Ovary Disease. Women who are affected by PCOS will not be able to have a child. It will also cause the following:
- Stops your period or makes it hard to predict
- Causes acne and unwanted body hair as well as facial hair
- Increases the risk of diabetes as well as high blood pressure
You can get treated by the best doctor for pcos in Delhi who will help you in getting pregnant. You might also be provided with medicines to improve your fertility. When you are affected by PCOS, you will have cysts on your ovaries. But in some women, they might not have cysts at all but still, it is called polycystic which is misleading.
When you are affected with PCOS some of your reproductive hormones are out of balance. This will result in not having your period on time or not getting it at all. Let’s see which hormones get affected because of PCOS.
- Androgens – These are male hormones but women will also have them. When they are affected by PCOS, the production of this hormone will be higher.
- Insulin – This helps in controlling blood sugar. When affected by PCOS your body will not react to insulin as it should do.
- Progesterone – When affected by PCOS, this hormone will be less which will result in irregular periods or lack of periods or hard to predict your periods.
Causes of PCOS are unknown. In case, your mother or sister is affected by it, then you will also get PCOS. Sometimes it could be because of the too much production of insulin which affects your ovaries so that it could not ovulate.
Book online doctor’s appointment – +91-8010977000
As seen earlier, the common cause for PCOS is the missed, irregular or prolonged periods. Excessive production of androgens will cause hair loss or hair in the places where you don’t want it and acne. Other than this the following will also cause PCOS:
- Darkened skin
- In the armpits and the neck, there will be excess skin
- Mood changes
- Pelvic pain
- Weight gain
If you have the above symptoms, then it is wise to consult pcos doctor near me.
Treatment and Cure
Normally, your doctor will advise you on a healthy diet. Eating wisely, being physically active, sleeping well, and managing your stress will help in reversing hormonal imbalances that cause PCOS. Various research shows that managing your weight and shed at least a small percentage of your excess weight and doing regular exercise will help to improve symptoms such as irregular periods and infertility. It will also improve the effectiveness of medicines which will help in managing your glucose as well as improve insulin resistance in PCOS.
It doesn’t end with that. When you nurture your body with healthy food regularly, it will reduce the risk of diabetes as well as other health risks for women having PCOS. So, the combination of a healthy diet, with regular exercise will reduce stress, lift anxiety and depression, improve sleep, reduce fatigue, and boost energy. All these are the benefits that you will gain while PCOS is cured. Consult the pcos specialist doctor today to get rid of PCOD