- 1 What is Piles?
- 1.1 What is meant by Anal fissure?
- 1.2 What causes an anal fissure?
- 1.3 What lifestyle changes can be made to avoid fissure?
- 1.4 What are the symptoms of anal fissure?
- 1.5 How is the diagnosis of anal fissure done?
- 1.6 What are the treatment options for anal fissure?
- 1.7 How is laser treatment for fissure done ?
- 1.8 What are the advantages of laser treatment for anal fissures?
- 1.9 Why Dr. Jyoti Arora Piles Clinic?
- 1.10 Do all piles patients require operation/surgery?
What is Piles?
Piles are collections of inflamed, swollen veins seen inside or outside the anus. It is also called haemorrhoids. The size of the piles can vary. Chronic constipation, diarrhoea, straining when passing stool etc. contributes to the development of piles. Hereditary factors also play a vital role in the occurrence of piles. Genetic predisposition to piles can make the rectal vein walls weak. When the rectum comes under pressure due to straining, it will stretch and become swollen, thus forming piles. Obese people, pregnant women, people who sit for a long time are more prone to piles. Wrong food habits, lack of exercise etc will aggravate the complexities. Anal Fissure Piles Treatment in Punjabi Bagh
What is meant by Anal fissure?
Anal Fissure is a small cut or opening in the anal canal. This often leads to bleeding, pain and discomfort even during the normal process of sitting or during defecation. The irregular human lifestyle plays a major role in causing a fissure. While, causes can be many, proper diagnosis and treatment can reduce the possibility of complications.
At Jyoti Monga Piles Clinic, our experts are pioneers in offering the most effective treatment for anal fissures in Mumbai.
What causes an anal fissure?
Fissure can be caused by common abnormalities of human lifestyle like:
Too much stress
- Drinking inadequate amount of water
- Consuming fiber less diet
- Unhygienic living
- Not keeping the anal area dry
- Lifting heavy weights
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Too much pressure while defecating
- Not investing time for exercises
- Sexually transmitted infections
These abnormal lifestyles can be major causes towards fissures.
What lifestyle changes can be made to avoid fissure?
Some natural techniques to avoid fissure are:
- Exercising regularly
- Drinking plenty of water
- Keeping the body and anal area clean and dry
- Increasing intake of fibrous foods
- Taking sitz bath
- Pelvic floor physiotherapy
- Taking prescribed medication
What are the symptoms of anal fissure?
Symptoms for anal fissure include:
- Acute pain experienced while passing stool
- Stools coated in blood
- Tear or crack in the visible anal skin.
- Itching around the anal area
- Small skin tag observed around the anal fissure
- Pus observed at the anal fissure
How is the diagnosis of anal fissure done?
Diagnosis of anal fissures can be done by a specialist through:
1) Rectal Examination: Specialist may insert a finger or tool to examine the anal opening and surrounding to understand the extent of severity
2) Sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy: A diagnostic test involving the insertion of a flexible viewing tube to inspect the rectum and the interiors of the anus may be required to determine if there are underlying anal diseases
What are the treatment options for anal fissure?
If an anal fissure is diagnosed, the doctor may advise on non-invasive medications to treat the anal fissures. These include some OTC medications. These are advised to relax the anal sphincter muscles without the need of surgery.
If these non-invasive treatments don’t prove to be effective or there is a recurrence of anal fissures, doctors may advise for surgical procedures to remove anal fissures. One of the most common and less painful surgical treatment includes the Laser Treatment. Such treatments are called as Laser Internal Sphincterotomy.
How is laser treatment for fissure done ?
In laser treatment, a laser is used to perform the internal sphincterotomy. This type of surgical procedure is undertaken in the case of chronic anal fissures or for those patients who have had no relief even after the natural and non-invasive treatments. The laser is induced on the scar for a sufficient period of time. This procedure is almost bloodless and gives the surgeon good control over the operating anal fissure site. This procedure almost always provides less discomfort and a faster rate of recovery.
Laser surgery is done to suppress the abnormal growth of fissures by reducing the blood supply to the fissure site
What are the advantages of laser treatment for anal fissures?
The benefits of laser fissure treatment include
Lesser operating time as compared to other surgical procedures
- Less post-operative pain
- Same day discharge from hospital
- The possibility of surrounding tissue damage is drastically reduced
- The possibility of infection minimal
- Lesser recovery time
- Normal physical activity can be resumed sooner
- Intake of painkillers is reduced.
- Normal anal sphincter action is preserved. Minimal chances of incontinence
- Requires no incisions or suturing
Laser treatments require precision and focus on safety. Improper use may have adverse bio stimulation effects. They lead to an increased blood supply and have been a huge success.
Laser treatment is known to prevent the recurrence of anal fissures to a great extent. It is also known to effectively aid in greater epidermal growth, increase collagen formation, vascular structure growth and provide complete healing. In rare cases of recurrence like in case of Crohn’s disease, a lateral internal sphincterotomy may be required.
As a new advent of treatment, laser treatment can only be performed by experts. Dr. Jyoti Monga Piles Clinic is a leader in providing laser treatment for fissure in Mumbai. You can explore the process and the possibility of treatment with our experts. Our experts are amiable and will be happy to assist you with any doubts that you may have.
Why Dr. Jyoti Arora Piles Clinic?
At Why Dr. Jyoti Arora Piles Clinic we mix precision with the expertise to give our patients the treatment they are looking for. All the specialists in Piles Treatment have years of experience in treating innumerable cases of the anal fissure. This has enabled us to know every intricacy and challenge related to the fissure. We work hard in overcoming all the challenges and giving the results that our patients always desire.
Do all piles patients require operation/surgery?
a) 1st degree Piles (early stage) – Life style changes and a few medicines.
b) 2nd degree Piles – Non invasive procedures like IRC.
c) 3rd and 4th degree (late stage) – Minimally invasive hi-tech procedures like DG-HAL LASER TREAT MENT WITH NEO V SYSTEM