Treat PCOD : PCOD affects an estimated 36% of women of the reproductive age group. Fortunately, treatments and Ayurvedic medicines for PCOD are effective for managing the symptoms of PCOD.
Most of us are either directly affected by it or know someone who is. Classified as a chronic disease without any treatment, this condition is one of the direst because it can cause painful and uncomfortable symptoms, adversely affect fertility, and increase the risk of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. can increase.
Although traditional treatments can help relieve symptoms and reduce the risk of complications, people are recognizing the importance of Ayurveda in dealing with PCOD.
How can Ayurveda improve PCOD treatment?
Ayurveda is most helpful in treating PCOD when not used as a substitute for conventional medical care but as a complementary therapy. it is completely natural and holistic medicine.
Ayurveda can include diet therapy, lifestyle modification, physical therapy, herbal medicine, and therapeutic exercises that can be used in conjunction with medical care.
This can reduce the dependence on drugs that are fraught with side effects and naturally help in reducing the risk of complications.
This is why the WHO introduced the Traditional Medicine Program a decade ago.
In which it said disciplines like Ayurveda could improve public health and reduce the burden on health care infrastructure.
An imbalance in a dosha can also lead to PCOD.
Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle recommendations
Diet and lifestyle factors are believed to be the root cause of imbalances that lead to PCOD. This is in concordance with modern medical studies that also point to dietary and lifestyle choices.
For example, in Ayurveda, a PCOD diet should focus on balanced eating, not calorie restriction. The diet should consist mainly of whole foods in their natural form, while processed foods should be limited.
This makes sense because studies link PCOD to a high intake of processed foods containing sugar, refined carbs, and trans fats.
Diet therapy in Ayurveda also includes the use of food remedies for PCOD and herbal formulations, which are gaining scientific support.
Ayurvedic Foods to Manage Symptoms of PCOD::
- Fenugreek seeds – They can help regulate hormonal levels, reduce cyst formation and relieve menstrual irregularities. The seeds may also help lower blood sugar levels, improving insulin sensitivity.
- Cumin – Most of us think of cumin as a digestive aid, but research shows that it may provide similar benefits to fenugreek seeds. This ingredient has proven anti-diabetic and cholesterol-lowering effects that can protect against PCOD complications.
- Tulsi – In addition to helping to regulate blood sugar levels, Tulsi, which is one of the most revered herbs in Ayurveda, has also been found to exhibit anti-androgenic effects, which can help with acne. Normalizing hormonal levels can help relieve PCOD symptoms, excess hair growth, and irregular periods.
- Bunions – shows because research in Ayurvedic medicines is often bunions to Pisiodi that it can relieve the symptoms of menstruation associated with PCOS, can restore healthy endocrine functions, and can help regulate ovulation Which is also affected in PCOD.
- Shilajit – Widely used in wellness supplements for men, this Ayurvedic herb may also benefit women suffering from PCOD as studies show it has orogenic effects, which improve the chances of conception. Can do.
Apart from these foods and Ayurvedic herbs, other Ayurvedic remedies like Panchakarma are also promising as natural remedies for improving PCOD recovery. Lifestyle changes along with increased physical activity are also central to Ayurvedic management of PCOD, with many yoga asanas being recommended such as Surya Namaskar, Sarvangasana, and Paschimottanasana.
Studies show that yoga can actually help not only through weight management, but can also help control androgen levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
Just keep in mind that while Ayurveda can aid in PCOD treatment, regular medical checkups are important and treatment should not be stopped without consulting your doctor.