EASY TO FOLLOW AYURVEDIC DIET GUIDE FOR WEIGHT Loss :-In this blog, let us examine the Ayurvedic diet for ideal weight that you should follow based on your Dosha. I’ll describe tips you can follow to lose weight, as well as provide you with a list of foods to eat and avoid for optimal weight loss. The best part is that everything on the diet chart for weight loss will be 100% natural.
- 1 Ayurvedic Approach to Natural Weight Loss
- 2 Defect Based Weight Loss Diet
- 3 Pitta Dosha Diet For Weight Loss :
- 4 EDIBLE FOODS FOR PITTA DOSHA
- 5 Foods to Avoid in Pitta Dosha :
- 6 Kapha Dosha Diet For Weight Loss
- 7 FOODS TO EAT FOR KAPHA DOSHA :
- 8 Mindful Eating for Fast Weight Loss with Ayurveda
- 9 Advantages and disadvantages of ayurvedic weight loss diet
- 10 How to speed up weight loss with Ayurveda?
Ayurvedic Approach to Natural Weight Loss
There is no one form of Ayurveda for weight loss. Instead, Ayurvedic doctors assess each individual holistically before prescribing a particular diet plan for weight loss. Ayurvedic practitioners perform a Dosha test to find out your major dosha and provide you with a weight loss regimen as per your Dosha.
The simple way to see your dosha is to consider it as your dominant energy type. There are three types of doshas which are based on the five elements, air, fire, water, earth, and space.
There are all three dosha energies in your body, but one is more prominent.
Three fault types:
- Vata Dosha (either and Vayu): People with Vata dosha are considered intense, creative, or expressive. The qualities associated with Vata include light, dry, rough, and cold.
- Pitta dosha (fire and water): People with pitta dosha are considered joyful, motivated, and intelligent. Properties associated with pitta include hot, sharp, mobile, and liquid.
- Kapha Dosha (Earth and Water): People with Kapha dosha are considered loving, calm, or lethargic. The qualities associated with Kapha include heavy, soft, stable, and moist.
With the Ayurvedic diet for weight loss, you can expect a basic guideline of mindful eating with a focus on appropriate dosha-specific foods to eat.
Keep in mind that while you can experience weight loss with Ayurveda, the right lifestyle practices, regular exercise, and mindful living can promote your visible weight loss and improve overall health from the inside out.
Defect Based Weight Loss Diet
- Vata Dosha Diet For Weight Loss
According to the science of Ayurveda, people with Vata dosha should have a diet plan with small, regular meals.
These meals should be hot and include lots of vegetables. This is because sweet and hot foods can help in reducing Vata imbalance.
Drinking plenty of (preferably warm) water regularly can help people with Vata dosha. Coffee, tea and soft drinks that contain stimulants should also be avoided as they can over-stimulate the nervous system in Vata.
Here is a list of foods to eat and foods to avoid if you have Vata dosha:
Edible Food For Vata Dosha :
- Split Peas
- Dried Fruit
- Eggs Barley
- Red Lentils Corn
- Frozen Or Dried Vegetables
- Wine Red
- Apples And Watermelon
Foods To Avoid Vata Dosha
- Split Peas
- Dried Fruit
- Raw, Frozen Or Dried Vegetables
- Wine Red
- Raw Apples And Watermelon
Pitta Dosha Diet For Weight Loss :
Pitta is said to have a strong digestive system that can digest almost any food. That said, to maintain the correct dosha balance, spicy, salty, or sour foods should be eaten in moderation.
People who have a predominant pitta dosha should always take care to keep their doshas balanced. This means regular food intake, especially for those that have cooling properties.
Here is a list of foods to eat and foods to avoid if you have pitta dosha:
EDIBLE FOODS FOR PITTA DOSHA
- Unsalted Butter
- Bitter Or Sweet Vegetables Such As Cauliflower Or Broccoli
- Dry Grain
- Dry White Wine
- Black Beans
- Egg Whites
Foods to Avoid in Pitta Dosha :
- Bread (With Yeast)
- Brown Rice
- Chilli Pepper
- Soy Sauce
- Salted Butter
- Citrus Fruits
- Red Or Sweet Wine
- Spicy Vegetables (Such As Onions)
- Sour Cream
- Chicken (Dark Meat)
- Seafood (Except Prawns)
Kapha Dosha Diet For Weight Loss
People With Kapha Dosha Have A Slow Metabolism, Which Means They Should Eat Hot, Cooked Food That Is Easy To Digest. Bitter Or Pungent Foods Can Help Reduce Phlegm While Promoting Digestion. Warm Lemon And Honey Water Are A Great Way To Start The Morning For Kapha As It Enhances Digestion Naturally.
Unlike Other Doshas, people With Kapha Dosha Should Not Eat More Than Three Meals With The Largest Being Lunch. According To Ayurveda, Snacking Should Be Avoided, And You Should Eat Less Than It Takes To Satisfy Your Cravings.
Here Is A List Of Foods To Eat And Foods To Avoid If You Have Kapha Dosha:
FOODS TO EAT FOR KAPHA DOSHA :
- Desi Cheese
- Dry Red Or White Wine
- Astringent Fruit Such As Prunes
- Lima Beans
Mindful Eating for Fast Weight Loss with Ayurveda
Regardless of your flaw, there are some basic tips for an Ayurvedic diet for weight loss that you should follow when it comes to eating mindfully.
The principles of mindful eating according to Ayurveda:
- Every food should have all six tastes (rasa). – Sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter, and astringent.
- Follow the correct eating sequence – Begin your meal with sweet-tasting food like fruits. Follow it up with salty and sour foods. End your meal with pungent, bitter, and astringent foods.
- Focus on your food and eat mindfully – enjoy and appreciate every bite while avoiding distractions like your phone, talking, or laughing.
- Eat at a proper pace – Eat slowly enough that you can enjoy your meal and eat more frequently, so as to avoid overeating cold food.
- Don’t overeat – your body will give you signals to signal your satiety. So, be mindful of these signs and stop eating before overeating.
- Eat at correct intervals – Ayurveda suggests that you avoid eating anything within three hours of your last meal while avoiding eating nothing for more than six hours.
- Do not eat breakfast like a king – According to Ayurvedic guidelines, a light breakfast should be followed by a full lunch. When it comes to dinner, you can decide how much you eat based on your satiety level.
Advantages and disadvantages of ayurvedic weight loss diet
Here is a list of advantages and disadvantages of choosing a diet plan for weight loss based on Ayurveda:
How to speed up weight loss with Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is not just about doshas, diet, and foods, it also incorporates the use of herbs to balance your doshas for a holistic approach to healthy living.
Medohar Guggul is one of the most powerful weight loss formulations in Ayurveda. This formulation contains 10 powerful weight loss herbs, including Guggul, Musta, and Triphala. It works by boosting your fat metabolism which helps your body burn excess fat for natural weight loss.
Pippali and fenugreek are also used for their fat-burning properties. Pippali helps rid the body of fatty toxins while supporting a healthy metabolic rate. Fenugreek promotes satiety, which helps you feel full and avoid overeating.