What is Corona Virus? How it can be Prevented?
COVID-19 Generally known as Corona virus a family of viruses that cause disease in animals. Seven, including the new virus, have made the jump to humans, but most just cause cold-like symptoms. Two other coronaviruses – Middle East respiratory syndrome (Mers) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars) – are much more severe, having killed more than 1,500 people between them since 2002.
The new virus, officially called Covid-19, is also dangerous – so far, around 20 % of confirmed cases have been classed as severe or critical. So far, around 15 to 20% of hospital cases have been classed as “severe” and the current death rate varies between 0.7% and 3.4 % depending on the location and, crucially, access to good hospital care.
This is much lower than fatality rates for Mers (30%) and Sars (10%), but still a significant threat.
Scientists in China believe that Covid-19 has mutated into two strains, one more aggressive than the other, which could make developing a vaccine more complicated.
How Swedana Therapy can be used for it: –
swedana therapy is a part of ayurvedic pamnchakarma treatments which has multiple benefits Including Pitta Detoxification through skin, Improved Digestion and much more.
Basically, in Swedana Therapy, Patients Body temperature is raised unto 35-40 degrees which makes patient feel relax and detoxified.
It is being assumed that Corona Virus is automatically eliminated at temperature around 35-40 degrees. Thus, availing swedana therapy increases immunity and helps your body to fight with corona virus.
In most cases, you won’t know whether you have a coronavirus or a different cold-causing virus, such as rhinovirus. The symptoms of most corona viruses are similar to any other upper-respiratory infection including :-
- runny nose
- sore throat
- Sometimes a fever
There is no specific treatment, although doctors are trialing existing drugs for viruses such as Ebola and HIV. Early results seem promising but, until full clinical trials have been concluded, doctors cannot be certain that the drugs are effective.
Best way to prevent is to avoid getting exposed to this virus:
- Use mask while going in public places.
- Wash your hands with soap or water at least for 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth & nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home if you are sick as your immunity is less.
- Cover yourself while coughing and sneezing with a tissue and throw the tissue in trash.
- Clean and Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Prevention or Arrest viral Entry at its Gateway by Pratimarsh Nasya Therapy.
- Apply cow ghee or sesame oil inside each nostril to prevent the entry.
- Application of neem oil on the skin.
- Decongestant inhalation: 1 teaspoon ginger or 10 drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and do steam inhalation.
- Ayurvedic Home Remedies
- Eating Giloy or Tulsi daily can increase your immunity.
- Drinking Turmeric milk daily is also good for improving your health.
- Taking Ashwagandha is another good herb for fighting with such conditions.
- Eating 1-2 leaves of neem can also work good in prevention of viral infections.